These are difficult days for leaders at all levels of government.
The Lenten season prayer guide, Seek God for the City (see post here), suggests these specific “prayer points” for interceding for government leaders:
- that leaders will be examples of righteousness to our society;
- that they will experience God’s wisdom in their deliberations;
- that they will speak and carry out dealings with truth, free from corruption;
- that they will advance God’s justice;
- that they will be divinely restrained from hindering the service and worship of Jesus Christ;
- that they will come to know, honor, and follow Christ.
For more ideas, see “30 Ways to Pray for People in Authority” from Intercessors for America.
|•||A Lenten focus: ‘Prayers of biblical hope’|
|•||An Ash Wednesday prayer|