Beginning tomorrow and continuing through Palm Sunday on April 17, many Christians throughout the U.S. and around the world will be observing a 40-day season of prayer, roughly coinciding with the season of Lent.
Here are the areas of prayer focus over the next several weeks, as described in the prayer guide, Seek God for the City.
- March 9-19: Seeking God’s face
- March 20-26: Seeking God to spread the gospel of Christ’s kingdom
- March 27-April 2: Seeking God to bring the righteousness of Christ’s kingdom
- April 3-9: Seeking God to bring the peace of Christ’s kingdom
- April 10-16: Seeking God to bring the joy of Christ’s kingdom
- April 17 (Palm Sunday): Welcoming Jesus Christ our King
A children’s version is available free via PDF download.
An Ash Wednesday prayer for revival
Living God, we cry out for the renewal of life in your Church. Cause your Church to become everything Jesus died and rose again to make her.
We appeal to your never-failing love. Empower us to turn us from folly and toward the way of salvation.
Take us from dryness to a time of refreshing. Take us from ashes to fire.
And through a revived and Christ-focused Church, may your glory dwell in our cities and throughout our land.
In Jesus we pray. Amen.
|•||A Lenten focus: ‘Prayers of biblical hope’ (2009)|
|•||Podcast: Terry Teykl on ‘Praying for the Lost’|
|•||Why you should start a prayer room in your church | Terry Teykl, Renewal Ministries|